When You Are Injured In An Apartment Or Hotel
Everyone deserves to feel safe in his or her own home, and renters typically rely on their landlords to assist in providing that security. When traveling, we also trust the owners and staff of hotels and motels to provide safe accommodations and exercise a reasonable duty of care that the premises are safe.
Unfortunately, sometimes serious accidents are caused by the negligence of landlords and other property owners. At Mingledorff Law, we help hold these parties responsible when our clients have suffered on their premises.
Holding Property Owners Responsible
We represent the victims of a variety of accidents and injuries that arise from property owner negligence, including:
- Falls from high places like stairways, balconies and roofs
- Slip-and-fall injuries resulting from wet floors, cracked pavement or other unsafe conditions
- Escalator and elevator accidents
- Shooting accidents and assaults
- Dog bites and other animal attacks
- Sexual assault/rape caused by inadequate security, insufficient lighting or any other negligence
- Injuries caused by fire, flood, earthquake or another natural disaster
When we represent the victim of assault or injury, we become their tireless advocates. This not only helps us secure the best outcome for you, but also helps us hold property owners responsible and prevent similar accidents in the future.
Often, these cases hinge on “foreseeability,” or whether the apartment or hotel owner had reason to know or suspect that there was a safety risk. We launch a thorough investigation into the details of your accident and the history of the property so we can develop a thorough, strong case for your recovery.